IOS Token (IOST) May 27, 2019 Week In Review: Price Up 7.15%

.

Price Action

Over the past week, IOS token saw its price go up by 7.15%. It is above its 20 day moving average by 4.02%, so it’s fairly close. IOS token’s bullish momentum, based on its distance from its 20 day moving average, is pretty far negative compared to the other coins we’re covering, and thus may be due for a correction upwards or some kind of a period of low volatility. In terms of volatility, IOS token exhibits greater price volatility than approximately 20% of coins in our index, so it’s notably less volatile than the other cryptocurrencies we’re monitoring. Looking ahead, if the upcoming week mirrors the volatility of three past three weeks, the price range for IOS token in US dollars is expected to be between $0.01086842 and $0.01418458.

Where to trade Iostoken (symbol: IOST): Yobit, Binance

Volume Update

In the week prior, the daily volume for IOST has ranged between 40,770,899 and 685,214,344 currency units. Looking back over past 21 days, volume has steadily declined, but the trend in price is not as clear one way or the other. Over the past week, IOST saw its trading turnover — which we define as average daily trading volume divided by circulating supply — register at 2.82%. Its turnover rate is more than approximately 59.6% of the cryptocurrencies in our index, so it’s middle-of-the-pack; investors/traders may thus wish to consider their liquidity requirements to make sure the coin matches their needs and their expected trading volume.

Engagement Update

The number of wallets holding IOS token went from 42,613 to 42,666 in the past week, marking a change of 0.12%. In terms of blockchain-recorded transactions made by these wallets since their inception, that number changed from 284,507 to 285,055, which translates to growth of 0.19% for the week. The combined engagement growth rate (growth rate in holders plus growth rate in transfers) of IOS token is thus at 0.31% which, relatively speaking, is ahead of 22.22% of the cryptocurrencies we’re tracking. One interpretation of this may be that its change in engagement is below average, at least on a percentage basis.

Technology Development Status

At the moment, IOST has 30 repositories open to the public on GitHub, with the oldest one now being 1.16 years young. Its most recent public update was within the past day, which is pretty good, as it suggests the coin is still under active and rapid technical development. IOST’s public repositories collectively have a total of 621 watchers, which is about average compared to other similar coins; that’s more than approximately 54 % of coins in its index. The coin has 44 outstanding issues in the backlog awaiting to be addressed by the core development team. Relative to the number of watchers it has, though, its open issues count seems to be in good shape. To elaborate: the ratio of open issues to developers who are watching IOST’s GitHub repos is more favorable than 67% of similar coins in our index.

IOST News and Commentary

The top theme being discussed about IOST in the past week is listed below. If possible we included a brief excerpt from the article — be sure to click through for the entire piece.

[ICAC interview] | IOST’s highest contribution partner in Q 1:

Where to Buy

You can trade Iostoken, listed under the symbol IOST, through the following exchanges: Yobit, Binance.

Article by SixJupiter

Stay up to date on crypto news!

Sign up for our newsletter for all the hottest crypto stories, ICO reviews, and insights from leading experts of the crypto world - four times a week.

You have been signed up!