Augur (REP) July 8, 2019 Week In Review: Price Down 2.96%

.

Price Action

Since last week, Augur’s price went down by -2.96%. It is below its 20 day moving average by 9.96%, so it’s a bit of a ways off. Augur’s bullish momentum, based on its distance from its 20 day moving average, is among the worst compared to other cryptocurrencies, and thus may indicate the coin has swung too far and too fast — and may thus be due for consolidation or a bullish correction. Now when considering volatility, Augur is more prone to sizable price moves than 71% of coins in our index, so traders can expect a bit more volatility than usual. If volatility over the past three weeks is any indication of what’s to come, we can expect Augur to bounce between 13.15142 and $19.56658 US dollars per coin.

Where to trade Augur (symbol: REP): Gate, Yobit, Binance, DDEX, Ethfinex

Volume Update

Over the past week, Augur saw its daily volume range between 83,095.51 and 983,531.5 units of its own currency. Over the past three weeks, the trend in volume does not have a clear direction, while the price trend is clearly down. Over the past week, Augur saw its trading turnover — which we define as average daily trading volume divided by circulating supply — register at 4.36%. Its turnover rate is more than approximately 68.63% of the cryptocurrencies in our index, so it’s above average and thus will have enough liquidity for many investors/traders.

Engagement Update

Over the past week, Augur saw its holders go from 11,711 to 11,990, an increase of 2.38%. And in regards to cumulative transactions logged on the blockchain, they went from 154,680 to 157,963, which amounts to a change of 2.12%. This translates to a combined engagement growth rate of 4.50% for Augur — which is higher than 70.59% of the cryptocurrencies we’re reporting on. One interpretation of this may be that the coin’s engagement is growing at an above average rate.

Technology Development Status

At the moment, Augur has 30 repositories open to the public on GitHub, with the oldest one now being 4.59 years young. The last recorded update to its public repositories was within the past week which is not bad, as the coin is still being updated routinely. Augur’s public repositories collectively have a total of 1600 watchers, which is very impressive; that’s more than 82 % of the top 100 coins we compare it to. The coin has 613 issues reported across its public repositories. Relative to the number of watchers it has, though, its open issues count is quite poor, and may potentially indicate some concern that the software is at risk of not being updated fast enough. Our hypothesis that the open issue/watcher ratio may be of some value in assessing the healthiness of a coin’s software development process, and for Augur, this ratio was better than a mere 16 % of the similar coins we track in our index.

Augur News and Commentary

We found 2 links over the past week about Augur that we thought were especially worth sharing. If possible we included a brief excerpt from the article — be sure to click through for the entire piece.

KCN Oracle for blockchain – KCN_media

Excerpt:

Oracle blockchain.

Augur Weekly Report — July 3rd – Augur

Where to Buy

You can trade Augur, listed under the symbol REP, through the following exchanges: Gate, Yobit, Binance, DDEX, Ethfinex.

Article by SixJupiter

Stay up to date on crypto news!

Sign up for our newsletter for all the hottest crypto stories, ICO reviews, and insights from leading experts of the crypto world - four times a week.

You have been signed up!